This IFI seminar series is intended to provide researchers and clinicians with insight and guidance on topics fundamental to promotion criteria including; abstract writing for submission to scientific meetings; the manuscript review process; grant writing strategies; funding opportunities for basic and clinical research; and understanding NIH study sections. The Office for Research Careers sponsors The Insights for Investigators (IFI) series and has developed the corresponding Insights for Investigators (IFI) Toolkit.
To view a listing of upcoming CFDD events and programs, please go to the BWH Health Events Calendar and select ‘Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (CFDD)’ from the dropdown menu.
- Authorship Issues
- Peer Review of Manuscripts
- Research Misconduct
Information about RCR Credits
For information about obtaining RCR credits in our programs, please visit our Responsible Conduct in Research (RCR) Rounds page.
Applying for Grants
- Developing Collaborations in Science
Additional Reading: ‘Setting Up Collaborations,’ Making the Right Moves (Chapter 12)
- Diversifying Your Funding Portfolio (Video – available only inside the Partners network)
- Obtaining Funding in Clinical Research
- Understanding NIH Study Sections_031014 (Additional Reading: How to Be a Member of an R01 NIH Study Section, Addendum to Making the Right Moves)
Communication, Writing, and Presentations