The BWH Office for Research Careers (ORC) is working to better prepare postdocs for careers outside of academia and to meet common challenges which senior postdocs encounter: a lack of career development skills and an understanding of the transition to non-academic paths.
To view upcoming career events for researchers, please see our events calendar:
- Developing Your Elevator Pitch and Networking Tips for Postdocs – February 15, 2017
- Looking Your Best on Paper for Postdocs: Building a Resume and Cover Letter for Industry – March 22, 2017
- Informational Interviewing for Postdocs: An Excellent Way to Enhance Your Career Search – April 26, 2017
- Building a Positive Online Personal Brand for Postdocs: Using LinkedIn, Blogs and other Social Media Tools – May 17, 2017
For additional information, please visit our page dedicated to preparing for a career in various scientific realms.
The Career Development and Transitions for Postdocs series provides an introduction to career pathways, links to self-assessments, career development and job search skills, self-directed activities, and access to defined resume building experiences through interactive roundtables and online resources below.
- Presentation: Career Development & Transitions for Postdocs
- Presentation: Mastering Informational Interviewing
- Presentation: Insider Tips for the Job Search Process
- Presentation: Putting Your Science To Work: Practical Career Strategies for Scientists
- Presentation: Looking Your Best On Paper: Resume Writing for Postdocs