The goal of the CFDD’s networking activities is to promote an inclusive faculty and trainee experience and to provide opportunities for enhanced professional networking. The Center and its affiliated offices organize frequent events to build camaraderie among our constituents.
Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (CFDD)
We offer networking opportunities for all BWH faculty and trainees, including:
- The annual New Faculty Welcome Lunch & Awards Ceremony in July.
Office for Multicultural Faculty Careers (OMC)
We host a variety of networking events for URM Faculty, including:
- Residency Recruitment Receptions. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office for Research Careers (ORC)
Throughout the academic year, we facilitate networking opportunities for BWH researchers, including:
- Weekly welcome lunches at new hire orientations.
- The annual ORC Summer Celebration in June.
- National Postdoc Appreciation Week in September.
- Postdoc Pub Nights and Postdoc Coffee Hours: : The BWH PDA hosts several social events per year to which all BWH postdocs are invited. Read more about the BWH PDA’s events and see the Postdoc Leadership Council members here.
Office for Women’s Careers (OWC)
The OWC facilitates networking groups that meet several times per year, including:
- Society of Internationally Trained Women Faculty and Fellows (formerly the Committee of International Women Faculty)
- OWC Junior Faculty Women Networking Lunch
- OWC Senior Faculty Women Networking Lunch
Social Networking Opportunities
We also offer the following opportunities to network via social platforms:
- Brigham and Women’s Postdocs Facebook Group
- BWH Office for Multicultural Careers (OMC) Facebook Group
- BWH Office for Research Careers (ORC) Networking & Alumni LinkedIn Group
- CFDD Flickr Photostream (view photos from the CFDD and our subsidiary offices)