The Postdoctoral Scholar Award for Excellence in Mentoring (PSAEM) recognizes postdoctoral fellows’ efforts in mentoring other postdocs in research projects and/or career development. These efforts help to promote a vibrant, collaborative research community at BWH. The Postdoctoral Scholar Award for Excellence in Mentoring will be awarded annually to the BWH postdoctoral fellow(s) who best exemplify the role of mentor and who have provided exceptional mentoring to one or more BWH postdocs.
Recipients of this award are BWH postdoctoral fellows who have extraordinary records of excellence and effectiveness in activities such as:
- helping with the academic, personal, and professional goals and needs of postdocs;
- recognizing that there are multiple career options available for postdoctoral appointees and providing assistance in exploring appropriate options;
- connecting postdocs to appropriate intellectual and professional networks;
- guiding postdocs toward intellectual and professional independence;
- sharing career experiences, challenges, or opportunities with the aim of developing mentees’ self-confidence, leadership, communication skills, and professionalism;
- helping young scientists to create individual development plans for their professional careers.
Postdoctoral Scholar Excellence in Mentoring Award Recipients:
2017 Afsoon Fallahi, PhD; Felipe von Glehn, MD
For additional information, please see the BWH PDA Website.